One of The Best

Is gone. Today Keith Moore from Moore's Cycle passed away.Keith was the last of his kind and will be terribly missed. He was full of knowledge and bullshit and without him I would have never got into Triumph motorcycles....period! I must have been in that shop or on the phone with him a 1000 times and he always had time for me.Keith has helped so many people and if you knew him you know how special he was. I talked him into selling me a bike a couple years ago and that's almost impossible to do....he never sells his bikes!I had been showing him the progress pictures and I think I finally got him to stop regretting selling me that bike...he was happy for me. It's the Pre Unit that I am building now...it will always carry a special meaning and I think he would have been proud of it... Lucky Strikes & Instant Coffee...RIP KEITH

6 comments:

Josh Conley said...

Keith must have been responsible for getting so many people going down the rode. Thanks for bringing joy to all of us.

Stretch said...

Keith will definitely be sorely missed.

TAPO said...

really?
i'm so sad...
R.I.P keith.....

Nick nixon said...

I remember going in to his Old shop on Anaheim Blvd when I was 13 with my pops and buggin him for the old triumph scooter he had laying by the front window.. He always laughed and said " you don't want that piece of crap".. I loved that shop and his new one.. Glad that I just recently picked up another Triumph and have visited the shop a few times to see and talk w/ him..

truly the nicest man and we all should smoke in his honor tonight.

BitMonkey said...

Damn. As much as possible Keith had become my sole source for parts over the last year or two. While wrapping up my last bike I was calling almost every Tuesday when they opened. Best service, prices and stock in the business. It goes without saying he also supplied the best advice. He gave me just enough crap to confirm I'll probably always be a clueless noob no matter how much I learn.

I had vowed if I ever made it to California again, meeting him would be my top priority. I'm so bummed that never happened now.

Mike Davis said...

I still can't believe he's not here.In the blink of an eye you are gone and that's it. Make's you think about what's really important. Life is really too short.